Shutters New Farm
Hi New Farm!
Did you know*
- Is the site of Brisbane’s second farm area est 1839. By 1843 suburban allotments were formed around Brunswick Street and Merthyr Road. In the 1880’s lower lying parts near Teneriffe were drained.
- Heritage listed New Farm Park was built from 1914 to 1950 covering 37 acres between Brunswick & Sydney Streets. The area was a racecourse between 1846 to 1913 with the opening of the park delayed due to WW1
- New Farm Cinemas were opened as the open roofed Astor Theatre in 1921 and is one of our oldest cinemas. The 1940’s saw a roof added and in 1970, it became the first twin cinema in Brisbane.
- The Brisbane Power House was constructed between 1928 and 1940 supplying electricity for the Brisbane tram network, was decommissioned in 1971. After 2 decades of neglect the redeveloped arts centre was opened in 2000 and is now a much loved hub for entertainment, conferences and functions.
- Merthyr Bowls Club (renamed in 1978) was opened in 1949 as The Limbless Soldiers Bowling Club by the RLSSA. The RSL continues to hold the lease of this former US Navy site and sublease to the bowls club.
Established in 1998, Timber Venetians & Shutters Direct remain Brisbane owned, and family operated with Andrew at the helm. We are still local to New Farm and after almost 20 years in Paddington, we have relocated to Enoggera.
With a wide variety of custom-made blinds, awnings and shutters Brisbane, our window furnishings business aims to provide high quality, personalised installation and repairs to customers in and around New Farm. We come to you for a full consultation with samples and colours, to measure and quote, or perform repairs, at your convenience. Due to the nature of in-home consultations and installations the warehouse is not often attended, so please contact us to make an appointment.
Click through our web pages for more details. Andrew has been installing blinds, awnings and shutters in New Farm Brisbane since 2013 and has a wide range of experience and knowledge on all blinds and window shutters in Brisbane. He is also able to do repairs on most shutters and blinds, send him through a quick pic on the mobile and he'll be able to let you know if we can repair your old broken blinds or shutters.
Our aim is to achieve 100% client satisfaction with our range of high-quality custom-made shutters and blinds. We have the very best prices for custom made shutters and blinds from the highest quality materials. We believe our internal and external shutters, venetians and blinds are some of the best window shutters Brisbane has to offer.
Whilst New Farm is an important suburb in our business we do travel throughout Brisbane. Contact Andrew directly on 0421 696 108 or email us for any window furnishing queries you might have.