Did you know*
- Paddington is named after a farm in the borough of Paddington in England and used to be referred to in the 70’s as ‘back of the gaol’ with allotments first sold in 1859. Rosalie, once a separate suburb, has been a locality in Paddington since 1975.
- The Fernberg ‘gentlemen’s estate’ was built in 1865 and became the State Governor’s residence in 1910
- The Barracks was previously the Petrie Terrace Police Depot from 1901 until the mid 80’s, and before that, the Petrie Terrace Gaol from 1860 until 1883. Listed on the QLD Heritage Register in 1999 and sold to a private enterprise in 1987, is now an award winning retail/commercial development.
- Caxton Street houses the Lord Alfred (1870), the Caxton (1884) and Baroona Hall (1883). Since the early 1900s, the Caxton Hotel has been a family owned and operated business while the Gambaros restaurant dynasty opened their fish and chip shop on Caxton Street in 1953. This is why the iconic Seafood and Wine Festival street party is around today.
- Latrobe Terrace housed the Tram sheds from 1915 for forty-seven years until it went up in a fire that also destroyed 20% of Brisbane's trams, fast tracking the replacement of trams with buses.
Established in 1998, Timber Venetians & Shutters Direct remain Brisbane owned, and family operated with Andrew at the helm. We are still local to Paddington even though, after almost 20 years in Latrobe Terrace (next to Bizzell’s Garage), we have relocated to a warehouse in Enoggera.
With a wide variety of custom-made blinds, awnings and shutters Brisbane, our window furnishings business aims to provide high quality, personalised service to Paddington Brisbane. We come to you for a full consultation with samples and colours, to measure and quote, or perform repairs, at your convenience. Due to the nature of in-home consultations and installations the warehouse is not often attended, so please contact us to make an appointment.
Click through our web pages for more details. Andrew has been installing blinds, awnings and shutters Paddington and its surrounding areas since 2013 and has a wide range of experience and knowledge on all blinds and window shutters Brisbane. He is also able to do repairs on most shutters and blinds, send him through a quick pic on the mobile and he'll be able to let you know if we can repair your old broken blinds or shutters.
Our aim is to achieve 100% client satisfaction with our range of high-quality custom-made shutters and blinds. We have the very best prices for custom made shutters and blinds from the highest quality materials. We believe our internal and external shutters, venetians and blinds are some of the best window shutters Brisbane has to offer.
Whilst Paddington is an important suburb in our business we do travel throughout Brisbane. Contact Andrew directly on 0421 696 108 or email us for any window furnishing queries you might have.
*Details from https://queenslandplaces.com.au/Paddington